FreeFileSync is a portable file comparison or file and folder synchronization tool. It can be used to compare files or folders by file size and date or file content. It also supports file sizes in excess of 4GB and batch processing for automated synchronizing is possible.
File Comparison and File Sync | FreeFileSync
This tool is really easy to use thanks to a slim and easy to understand GUI. You'll be up and comparing or synchronizing files in seconds.
- File Synchronization: FreeFileSync allows you to compare and synchronize files and folders, ensuring that the content of two locations is identical. It detects differences in file content and file metadata (such as timestamps) and helps you bring them in sync.
- Create File Backups: In addition to synchronization, the tool can be used for creating backups. You can set up one-way sync to regularly back up data from one location to another, ensuring that your important files are safe.
- Multiple Synchronization Modes: It offers several synchronization modes, including two-way, mirror, and custom synchronization. These modes allow you to define how files are copied, updated, or deleted during synchronization.
- Filters and Exclusions: You can configure filters and exclusions to include or exclude specific files or file types during synchronization or backup. This gives you fine-grained control over what gets copied.
- Real Time Synchronization: The file sync tool can monitor changes in the source folder in real time and automatically trigger synchronization when changes are detected. This is useful for keeping files up to date.
- Scripting Support: Provides scripting support for advanced users, allowing you to create and automate synchronization tasks using scripts.
- Fast File Syncing: FreeFileSync is known for its performance and efficiency. It uses advanced algorithms to optimize file copying and ensure fast synchronization.
- Open Source: FreeFileSync is distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL), which means it is open-source software. This allows users to view, modify, and distribute the source code.