CPU Z is a tiny portable system information tool that can be used to check and display CPU, Memory, Motherboard and Operating System information (including Direct X version). The software utility can also be used to bench test or stress test your CPU.
It does not need to be installed onto the computer you are checking and is less than 9MB extracted, making it a perfect portable application to put on your USB flash drive.
Table of Contents
CPU Z | Portable System Information Tool
What is CPU Z?
CPU Z is a popular system information tool for Windows that provides detailed information about the hardware components of a computer. The software is developed by CPUID, and it is widely used by enthusiasts, system builders, and overclockers to gather information about the CPU, motherboard, memory, and other system components.
Key features include:
- CPU Information: Provides detailed information about the processor, including the manufacturer, model, core speed, architecture, and cache details.
- Mainboard Information: The tool displays information about the motherboard, including the manufacturer, model, BIOS version, and chipset.
- Memory Information: Shows details about the system's memory, including the type (DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4), size, and timings.
- Graphics Information: The software can also provide information about the graphics card installed in the system, including the GPU model, clock speeds, and memory details.
- Cache Information: Detailed information about the CPU cache, including L1, L2, and L3 cache sizes and speeds, is provided.
- Benchmarking: Includes a simple benchmarking feature that allows users to assess the performance of their CPU and compare it with other systems.
- Validation: Users can generate a validation file that summarizes the system information and can be shared or used for reference.
- Real-time Monitoring: Can display real-time information about the CPU's clock speed, usage, and voltage, providing insights into the system's performance.
- Sensor Information: The tool can access and display sensor information from compatible hardware components, including temperature, voltage, and fan speeds.
- Portable Version: The system information tool is available in a portable version, allowing users to run it without installation.
It's important to note that while CPU Z provides valuable information about the hardware components of a computer, it does not offer advanced system tweaking or optimization features. Users interested in detailed system monitoring and overclocking may need to use additional tools specifically designed for those purposes. This is a read only system tool that gathers and displays information about the system's current state.
Specifications | Project Page | Where to Download
- Authors Website: CPU Z Page
- Developer: CPUID, a French software development company
- License: Open Source/Freeware
- Extracted File Size: < 8 MB
- Release Date: First Released in Nov 1999
- Supported OS: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- Downloading: Get this Free System Info Tool here:
CPU Z Download
Make sure to get the zip version as it includes a standalone executable file.