HDClone is a free and portable USB disk cloning software that enables users to quickly and easily clone a USB drive. It is a great tool for those who need to make an exact copy of their bootable USB drive or just want to backup their storage data. With HDClone, you can clone an entire USB drive to another in just a few short clicks.
Table of Contents
USB Disk Cloning Software | Clone USB Drives
A popular disk cloning and backup software tool that enables you to create exact copies (clones) of hard drives, solid state drives (SSDs), and other storage media. It is primarily used by those looking to perform tasks such as data migration, system backups, and disk upgrades.
HDClone Disk Cloning Features
The free edition of the HD Clone tool includes many features. Here are just a handful of them:
- The disk cloning software is compatible with various storage media types, including hard drives, SSDs, USB drives, and memory cards. It works with both internal and external storage devices.
- Creates a sector by sector copy of the source drive onto the target drive, ensuring that all data, even hidden and system files, are copied accurately.
- It can also be used for USB cloning to clone a bootable USB drive or make multiple copies of your favorite bootable flash drives.
- If you accidentally delete files or experience data loss, the utility can be used to recover data from a backup image.
- Works with Windows, Linux, and macOS file systems such as NTFS, FAT, exFAT, ReFS, HFS+, Ext2/3/4.
- Known for its speed and efficiency in cloning and imaging operations, thanks to its optimized algorithms.
- Clone Operating Systems - can create copies of entire operating system installs.
- LAN based cloning option (drives do not need to be attached to the PC).
- Bitlocker support (copy bitlocked drives - lock or unlock).
- Capable of cloning drives with different file system types.
- Clone a hard drive to a larger drive.
- RAID drive support.
- Remote access.
This tool makes it simple for anyone to make an exact replica of a bootable USB flash drive or hard drive in no time!
It is important to note that the free version can not create backup image copies of an entire Windows system volume while Windows is still running (backup windows while running). Still, this a great free portable tool to carry with you to use for USB cloning from one disk to another while on the go.
HDClone Info | Project Page | Where to Download
- Website: HD Clone Official Project Page
- Author/Developer: Miray Software
- First Release Date: 1997
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7
- Extracted Size: 38.8 MB
- License: Freeware
- Downloading: Grab this free USB disk cloning utility here:
Similar Portable App: If you found this USB clone tool useful, you might also be interested in checking out the Etcher Clone USB tool