Make Skype Portable – VoIP
Skype is one of the more popular VOIP or Voice over IP peer to peer telephony clients. VOIP clients allow you to communicate with others using your internet connection. In the following tutorial, we explain how to run Skype from a USB device and bring the application with you, wherever you go.
Screenshot of Skype running Portably
Skype is a trademark of Skype Limited
The Portableskype.zip was created by Rob Loach
How to make Skype portable:
- Download Rob’s portableskype.zip and extract the contents to your USB device
- Download Skype and run the installer
- Navigate to where Skype.exe was installed. Typically C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
- Copy Skype.exe to the Skype folder on your USB device
- Use the PortableSkype.exe file on your USB device to launch Skype
To Remove Skype from your computer:
Click Start/Run and type APPWIZ.CPL in the run box. Click OK and proceed to uninstall or remove Skype from your PC.