Frets on Fire is a fun guitar hero like game that can be used to test your musical skills and fast finger playing agility. The focus of this open source portable game is to a play guitar with your keyboard as accurately as you can. It works on the same basis as guitar hero, but you use your keyboard as the instrument.
I highly recommend using the tutorial to get started. But, don’t take things too seriously. Remember it’s all in good humor. This game is stand alone in that it can be stored and then run directly from a portable device. Enabling you to bring it with you to play at any available Windows PC.
Frets on Fire – Free Music Skills Guitar Game
Portable Game Specs
- Authors Website: Project Page
- License: Open Source
- Extracted Size: 52.1MB of free disk space
- Supported Operating System: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP
Download Frets on Fire and run Portably
- Grab this Portable Guitar Hero Clone here
- Extract the files from the zip to your USB flash drive.
- Launch the executable within the extracted folder to run the game.