DPWiper is a small portable file shredder utility that allows a user to delete or "Wipe" both files and folder securely via Drag & Drop. With it, a user can delete files normally (not secure), utilize a Single overwrite by performing a DoD Wipe (US Department of Defense of Defense 5220.22 compliant wipe) or use the Gutmann's Maximum Security 35 pass wiping method.
Available in both English and German Languages, it can be made to run stand alone application. You can then take it with you to run from a USB flash drive or other removable device at any available Windows computer.
DPWiper Portable File Shredder
Portable File Shredder Specs
- Authors Website: paehl.de
- License: Freeware (for private use)
- Supported OS: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP
- Extracted File Size: 88.1 KB
How to make DPWiper Portable
- Download and extract contents from the zipped archive.
- Click setup.exe and proceed to install on your PC.
- Copy the C:\Program Files\DPWIPER folder to your USB device.
- Click the resulting .exe from that folder to launch the program.
Note: You can uninstall the program from your computer after completing this process.