Eraser is a file destruction tool allows you to completely delete or erase sensitive data from your hard drive, flash drive or other attached disk in an attempt to make the file data unrecoverable. One of six data destruction methods can be used.
Eraser | Secure Data Destruction | File Eraser
Includes a File and Data Destruction Scheduler
What is Eraser?
Eraser is a popular file deletion tool that allows users to securely delete sensitive data from their storage devices. This file eraser works by overwriting selected files with random data multiple times, making it more difficult for anyone to recover the original content. One of six data destruction methods can be used.
It is often used when users want to ensure that deleted files are not recoverable by standard file recovery tools. Additional features include a scheduler and ability to erase remnant data from existing empty space on a drive. This portable secure data removal tool can also be stored and run direct from a USB device.
Here's a breakdown of its features:
- Secure File Deletion: Uses advanced algorithms to overwrite file data multiple times, making it extremely difficult for data recovery tools to reconstruct the original content.
- Integration with Windows Explorer: Integrates into the Windows Explorer context menu, making it convenient to securely delete files or folders directly from the right click menu.
- Schedule and Queued Tasks: Users can schedule file deletion tasks at specified times or queue multiple tasks to be processed one after another.
- Support for Multiple Data Sanitization Methods: Supports various data sanitization methods, including the Gutmann method, DoD 5220.22-M, and others. Users can choose the method that suits their security requirements.
- Free and Open Source: Free to use and open source, which means that its source code is available for inspection and modification by the user community.
- Integration with Recycle Bin: Can be configured to securely erase files when they are moved to the recycle bin.