ReNamer is a free file rename tool that can be stored and run from a USB device. Like many other file renaming utilities provides users with the ability to rename prefixes, suffixes, change case, string replacements, change file extensions and much more. Advanced users can even program their own renaming rules. A variety of meta tags, I.E: ID3v1, ID3v2, EXIF, OLE, AVI, MD5, CRC32, and SHA1 are also supported.
Table of Contents
Renamer is a file renaming tool or application that was designed to help you easily and efficiently rename multiple files or folders on your computer. These types of tools are often used when you need to rename files in bulk or want to follow a specific naming convention.
It's main features include:
- Batch Renaming: You can select multiple files or folders and apply renaming rules or patterns to all of them at once.
- Search and Replace: Find specific text within file or folder names and replace it with another.
- Insert or Append Text: Add text to the beginning or end of file names.
- Sequential Numbering: Automatically add numbers in sequence to file names.
- Date and Time Stamps: Include date and time information in file names.
- Regular Expressions: Some advanced renaming tools support regular expressions for complex renaming tasks.
- Preview: Many renaming tools offer a preview function so you can see the changes before applying them.
Using a file renaming tool like Renamer can save you time and help you maintain a more organized file system by ensuring that your files have consistent and meaningful names.