Password Unmask enables a user to Unmask Hidden Passwords (Passwords shadowed by asterisks etc) on almost any Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP program. Use it to reveal any passwords you may have lost or forgotten. More importantly, this Portable Password revealing tool can be stored and run from a portable device such as a USB Flash Drive. Please note that this Password Revealer will not work on most applications in Windows Vista.
License: Freeware (for personal use)
NOTE: It appears that the authors site might currently be unsafe to visit. In the meantime, I have removed the download link until confirmation can be made that the authors site and content is safe.
How to Make a Portable Password Unmasker
- Download the Password revealer.
- Click Pwunmask.exe to run the installer, install to the default path.
- Copy Unmask.exe from (C:/Program Files/PWUnmask) to your USB Flash Drive.
- Launch Unmask.exe from your USB Flash Drive whenever you need to reveal masked passwords.
- Optional: You may uninstall the Password Unmasker from your PC once you have moved the executable to your USB device.