Free IP Scanner is a portable network scanning tool designed to scan local networks and provide information about connected devices, including their IP addresses, MAC addresses, hostnames, and open ports. It can be used by system administrators to monitor a local network for security threats.
Table of Contents
How Free IP Scanner Works
This Advanced IP Scanner works by first pinging each IP address to see if it is alive. The software then attempts to resolve the related NetBIOS Info workgroup name, hostname, logged in user, mac address, and open ports for each live IP it finds.
The resulting data can be exported into a csv or text file. Fully configurable port scanning options are also available. Allowing you to further custom tailer the scanning process to best suite your own personal needs.
Free IP Scanner | Running Portably from USB
Key features of Free IP Scanner
- IP Range Scanning - This network scanning tool allows you to specify a range of IP addresses to scan, typically within your local network or a specified subnet.
- Fast Scanning - The open port scanner was designed to perform quick scans of IP addresses within the given range, providing results in a relatively short amount of time.
- Device Information - Free IP Scanner can retrieve and display information about the devices it discovers, including their IP addresses, MAC addresses, and, if available, hostnames.
- Exporting Results - Enables its users to export the scan results to various formats, such as text files or CSV (Comma Separated Values) files, to be stored for analysis and comparison at a later point in time.
- User Friendly GUI - Utilizes an intuitive and user friendly graphical user interface (GUI) that makes it easier to set up scans and interpret the results.
- Customizable Scan Options - Customize the scanning parameters, such as setting timeout values or specifying the type of information you want the tool to retrieve.
- Free of Charge - As the name suggests, the software is offered entirely for free, which makes it an attractive option for those looking for basic network scanning capabilities.