ImgBurn Portable. Created by Lightning UK, this is a tiny, yet powerful CD, DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray recording tool. The free image burning software can read a disk to an img file, write files from your computer directly to a disc, and even create img files from data on your computer. It can also be used to copy a bootable USB to an ISO file.
On top of all, this Free CD DVD Burner can be made to run from a USB flash drive â€“ see below. Anyone who does disc burning will likely want to add this tool to their portable collection.
Authors Website: Project Page
How to make ImgBurn Portable
- Download the setup exeÂ and extract the contents using 7-Zip
- Download and copy this -> ImgBurn.ini to the $PLUGINSDIR folder.
- Click Img Burn.exe to launch the program.
How to Copy USB to ISO
- First, launch the executable.
- Next, select the option to Create image file from disc.
- Then, choose your USB flash drive to set it as the Source.
- Select a destination for the resulting ISO file
- Click the -> to build.
If all went well, you should now have a backup of your USB flash drive as a bootable ISO file.