Freac, formerly BonkEnc is a free audio converter. A cd ripping software or portable application that can rip cd's and encode and convert audio files to different formats. This enables the user to play the converted audio in various hardware and software players. It can create AAC, MP3, MP4, M4A, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis and Bonk files.
It can be run from a portable device and supports twenty eight different languages via the included smooth translator utility.
Freac | Free Audio Converter | CD Ripper | Encoder
fre:ac (also known as BonkEnc) is an open source audio converter and CD ripper. It allows users to convert audio files from one format to another and rip audio CDs to various formats. Here are some of its key features:
- Audio Format Support: It supports a wide range of audio formats, including MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, WAV, and Ogg Vorbis, among others. This versatility allows users to convert audio files to the format that best suits their needs.
- CD Ripping Software: It can extract audio tracks directly from audio CDs, providing users with a convenient way to digitize their music collection.
- Batch Processing: The application supports batch processing, enabling users to convert multiple audio files simultaneously, saving time and effort.
- Metadata Editing: Users can edit metadata (such as artist, album, and track information) for their audio files, ensuring proper organization and identification of music files.
- Integrated CDDB Support: Can automatically retrieve track and album information from online databases like CDDB, enhancing the accuracy of metadata for ripped CDs.
- Customizable Output Settings: Users have control over various output settings, allowing them to customize the quality, bitrate, and other parameters according to their preferences.
- Multilingual Support: It's available in multiple languages, making it accessible to users around the world.