Create ISO from folder or a directory of files with Folder2ISO. This tiny portable and free ISO creator allows you to create a disk image of any directory. For example, you might use it to create a backup of files on your computer. Then, burn your created image back to a disk using any CD/DVD burner and ISO recording software, or use an ISO file extractor to extract ISO and copy the contents back to a destination.
Folder2ISO | Convert Folder to ISO
This small and simple utility program allows you to create ISO image files from a folder or directory on your computer. ISO image files are a common format used to store a snapshot of the data on an optical disc, such as a CD or DVD. These files can be used for various purposes, including backup, distribution, or as virtual drives on a computer.
- Creation of ISO Images from Folders: This ISO creation software specializes in converting a folder or directory into an ISO image file. It takes the contents of the specified folder and packages them into a single ISO file.
- Burns ISO without compression: It is not a compression tool; it simply packages the files and folders into an ISO format without applying any compression to the data. This means that the resulting ISO file will be roughly the same size as the original data.
- Free ISO Burner: This Folder to ISO tool is available for free. You can download and use the software without cost.
- Platform Compatibility: It was primarily designed for Windows operating systems, such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. Though there are alternatives for macOS and Linux users as well.
- Alternative ISO Burning Tools: Depending on your needs, you might also consider other ISO creation tools that offer more features and customization options, such as ImgBurn.
How can I create ISO from files?
To create an ISO from files you can use an ISO creator. Folder2iso is a powerful tool that allows you to create an ISO image from a directory or folder of files. The root folder you choose can also contain sub folders and a tree of files. The software is intuitive, very easy to use, and has many purposes; from creating a backup of your data to distributing software applications.
It is also a portable tool that can be stored and run entirely from removable devices such as a USB flash drive. Making it possible to quickly and easily convert a folder to an ISO while on the go.
This software package essentially consists of mkisofs, but with a GUI. It supports drag and drop and can also run multiple jobs at a time through batch files. A neat little must have portable Free ISO creator and backup application.
How to use this ISO creation tool
To use Folder2ISO, you simply select the source folder you want to convert into an ISO image, specify the destination folder and file name for the ISO image, and then click a "Generate ISO" to initiate the conversion process.
- Click Select Folder, then browse to and select a folder to convert. Or simply drag and drop a folder into the open window.
- Next, click Select Output and for file name: type a name to use, then click Save.
- Then, type an ISO label.
- Lastly, click Generate ISO.
Folder 2 ISO Specifications
- Authors Website: Folder 2 ISO Project Page
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 11/10/8/7, Vista, XP, and Linux
- Extracted File Size: <3 MB
- License: Freeware
- Downloading: You can get it here: