USB Flash Tools is a toolkit that contains useful drive management utilities for flash drives or flash memory cards. Key features include the ability to create a backup image of a USB flash drive or restore a backup image to USB. Securely erase a USB drive by overwriting content, making data irretrievable.
Backup, Restore, Erase, Verify | USB Flash Tools
In addition, this software can also be used to verify and ultimately detect fake USB flash drives. A fake flash drive has been manipulated to display a storage capacity much higher than the drive is capable of storing. They are usually detected while attempting to fill a drive beyond its actual real capacity. At which point you'll usually encounter a data corruption error of some sort.
The USB Flash Tools toolkit offers the following features:
- Verify USB drive Capacity: Detects fake flash memory cards and USB drives by verifying their actual capacity.
- Backup/Restore USB drives: Creates and restores images of USB drives and flash memory cards.
- Securely Erase USB drives: Permanently deletes contents using various overwrite methods:
- Pseudorandom data
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police DSX
- US DoD 5220.22-M (E)
- US DoD 5220.22-M (ECE)
These features collectively provide users with tools for managing, verifying, and securely handling data on USB drives and flash memory cards.
Specifications | Official Site | Where to Download
- Authors Website: Archived Project Page
- Developer: Sarah Dean
- This project appears abandoned. An archived link is provided.
- License: Freeware
- Downloading: You can get the last version here:
USB Flash Tools Download