Portable Java – Run Java from a Flash Drive
Portable Java on USB. An Official Java Portable version has been created and released by Portableapps. By installing Java on your USB Flash Drive, you can bring Java with you to run your .JAR files from the Portable Java installation on your Flash Drive instead of depending on a local JRE install.
Run Java from a Flash Drive – Java Portable:
Extracted Size: 108MB before adding any Java Programs
Software Authors Website: http://portableapps.com
License: Open Source
How we installed “Portable Apps Platform”, “Java Portable”, and “Java Portable Launcher”. Upon completion, you should be able to run Java from a Flash Drive via the Portable Apps Platform.
Perform the steps in order, using your flash drive as the destination.
- Download and install Portable Apps (Platform Only)
- Download and install Java Portable
- Download and install Java Portable Launcher
- Run StartPortableApps.exe from the flash drive
- Click Java Portable Launcher and select a .JAR file to open
- Then Select File > Load (filename) the file you want to run
Enjoy running your Java .JAR files from a USB Flash Drive!
This Portable Application is filed under: Computer Programming