Portable Java on USB. An Official Java Portable version has been created and released by Portableapps. By installing Java on your USB flash drive, you can bring Java with you to run your .JAR files from the Portable Java installation instead of depending on a local JRE install.
Extracted Size: 108MB before adding any Java Programs
Software Authors Website: https://portableapps.com
Developer: John Haller
License: Open Source
Supported OS: Windows
How we installed "Portable Apps Platform", "Java Portable", and "Java Portable Launcher". Upon completion, you should be able to run Java from a USB stick via the stand alone launcher.
Perform the steps in order, using your pen drive as the destination.
- Download and install Portable Apps (Platform Only).
- Download and install Java Portable.
- Download and install Java Portable Launcher.
- Run StartPortableApps.exe from the flash drive.
- Click Java Portable Launcher and select a .JAR file to open.
- Then Select File > Load (filename) the file you want to run.
Enjoy running your Java .JAR files portably from a USB flash drive!