Recuva is a free portable data recovery tool that enables a user to recover deleted files. It has the capability to recover files deleted from a hard drive, USB flash drive, memory stick, sd card, mp3 player, the recycle bin, and more. The tool supports all major Windows Operating Systems and can be stored and then run from a removable device such as a USB flash drive.
After having used the free version of this software several times to recover lost or deleted files, I strongly recommended anyone add this great tool to their portable USB app collection. It is simple, intuitive, and most of the time, just works to restore lost files.
Recuva Recover Deleted Files
Extracted Size: 8 MB
Authors Website: Project Page
Supported OS: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP
How to make Recuva Portable
- Download the standard Free version of this lost file recovery software.
- Create a Folder on your USB.
- Extract the contents of rcsetup.exe to that folder using 7-zip.
- Create a file named portable.dat inside of that folder.
- Open portable.dat file, add the following, then save the file.
- Launch recuva.exe from the folder to use.
That concludes how to make this work stand alone as a portable data recovery tool that you can use to recover deleted data, while on the go.