Recuva is a free portable file recovery tool that can be installed to and run directly from a portable USB device. It enables the user to recover deleted files, including those deleted from a hard drive, flash card, mp3 player, recycle bin and more. The tool supports running from 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP.
After having used the free version of this software several times to recover lost or deleted files, I strongly recommended anyone add this great tool to their portable USB flash drive collection. It is simple, intuitive, and most of the time, just works to restore lost files.
Recuva Recovering Deleted Files
Extracted Size: 8 MB
Authors Website: Project Page
How to make Recuva Portable
- Download the standard Free versionÂ of thisÂ lost file recovery software.
- Create a Folder on your USB.
- Extract the contents of rcsetup.exe to that folder using 7-zip.
- Create a file named portable.dat inside of that folder.
- Open portable.dat file, add the following, then save the file.
- Launch recuva.exeÂ from the folder to use.
That concludes how to make this work stand alone as a portable file recovery tool that you can store and run from USB. Hopefully you found this information and utility, useful.